CMC, the first indigenous religious congregation for women in the Syro Malabar Church, was founded as the Third Order of Carmelites Discalced on February 13th 1866 at Koonammauv, Kerala.
The founder of CMC is Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara (1805-1871) who was then, the vicar general of the Syrians and one of the founders & the first prior general of the first indigenous congregation for men Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI). Very Rev. The great event of the Unification of the above independent segments...
Dear Provincial Superior & Sisters,
The second session of the 9th ordinary General Synaxis will be held from 10th to 21st April 2016. The theme selected for the synaxis is “Going to the peripheries with the joy of the Gospel.” All the members of the congregation are requested&n... Read More »